Techie's Guide to IP Video
Ultra-High Definition Video Processing
Download this Techie’s Guide to help you understand how Ethernet is being used to modernize the media and entertainment industry.
Multi-media and production companies are dealing with an explosion of high-definition content. This content is mostly digital and while digital technology has brought about advances in file-based workflows, simplified creative processes and evolved content distribution; keeping pace with pre and post-production or with real-time content management is becoming a serious challenge with the associated increase in file sizes.
To resolve this problem, Media and Entertainment (M&E) companies are consolidating their IT infrastructure on high-speed Ethernet and creating Ethernet Video Fabrics (EVF) to deliver a consistent and predictable data flow for ultra-high definition IP video processing. It easily handles large 4K and 8K files for file access ingest, edit, rendering, and video effects. Before embarking on this journey, it is essential to understand the fundamentals. Download this Techie’s Guide to help you understand, evaluate, and choose the right network infrastructure for IP video processing.
In this Techie’s Guide you’ll learn:
- How an Ethernet Video Fabric can increase productivity and improve ROI
- How IP can support 4K and 8K concurrently for file access ingest, edit, and rendering
- Best practices for transporting video, audio, and ancillary traffic over IP networks
- How packet pacing ensures smooth delivery and limits congestion at speeds up to 100G
- How to reduce technology “lock-in” risk with open standards-based IP protocol